We wish to provide the best possible care for all of our patients. In order to facilitate this, we want to make you aware of our office policies.
- We require 24 hours notice to cancel or reschedule your appointments. If you fail to show up for your appointment you will be charged:
- $50.00 per person, per minor appointment.
- $100.00 - $115.00 per person, per complete physical appointment.
- Missed appointments are noted in your chart and 3 absences are ground for dismissal from the practice.
- Patients arriving late for their appointment will also be charged (as above) and asked to reschedule. This policy has arisen out of a need to be courteous and respectful of EVERYONE’S time. If patients show up late, it is impossible for our doctors to run on time. Our doctors are dedicated to providing quality care in an efficient office which works well for ALL of our patients. Medicine is unpredictable. Occasionally someone needs extra time. Please be patient.
- Scheduled appointments: A scheduled appointment is booked for one issue only. Each family member must have a scheduled appointment in order to be seen. Please understand that our reception staff needs to have an idea of the nature of the problem so that they can book an appropriate amount of time.
- Please advise the reception staff if your visit is WCB related. WCB visits cannot be combined with other issues.
- Try to book appointments well in advance, if possible. Our clinic is extremely busy and appointment availability changes quickly. The sooner you book your appointments, the more flexibility we can offer regarding dates and times.
- Please inform the reception staff of any changes to your name, address, or telephone number.
- Prescriptions will not be renewed over the telephone.
- Test results will not be given over the telephone. Please do not call the office for results. Patients will be contacted regard abnormal results only.
- Our nurses do not take triage calls. If you wish to speak to a registered nurse, you can call Health Link at 403-943-LINK (5465)
- Our physicians do not take calls under any circumstances. If you have a concern that requires medical attention, please come in so your doctor can review the history of the problem, examine you, and make an appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan. It is not possible to provide good medical care by phone!
- Some medical services are not covered by Alberta Health and Wellness. The completion of insurance forms requires a booked appointment with the physician. Completion of forms can take up to 10 business days to complete and must be paid for prior to completion.